A Lindsay resident is facing charges following the theft of a parcel.
According to the Kawartha Lakes Police Service, an alert citizen called police after watching a woman take a package from a property on Cambridge Street South in Lindsay.
The suspect was located on Kent Street West and taken into custody, police say.
Larissa Forshaw, 24, of Lindsay has been charged with theft under $5,000 and possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000.
They are scheduled to appear in Lindsay court on Nov. 4.
The Kawartha Lakes Police Service is encouraging residents to report any suspicious people or activities.
Police offered the following tips to protect against parcel theft:
• Most companies offer a tracking number. Use it to know when the package is expected to be arriving;
• Arrange to have the package delivered when you are home or ask a trusted neighbour to bring the
parcel inside their home when it arrives;
• Have packages delivered to your work, to a Canada Post office or an authorized shipping centre;
• Install a motion sensor camera or doorbell cameras. Ensure they have adequate storage devices, as
well as proper connections to power and internet where required;
• Get a ‘safe drop’ or locked mailbox for packages; and,
• Report suspicious activity to police.