A man livestreamed the rescue of a dog from a burning home in Lindsay Tuesday (Feb. 2) morning.
John Macdonald says he was walking in the area near Melbourne Street West when he smelled something burning.
He ran three blocks — arriving first at the scene — and called 911 before starting the livestream.
As captured in the video, Macdonald heard the dog barking and noticed the fire was perilously close to a propane tank at the rear of the home.
After asking the owner for keys, Macdonald asks permission to kick in the front door.
Joined by other residents, he eventually smashed a window to gain access to the home.
The dog was not injured, Macdonald noted in a social media post.