The OPP is once again reminding area residents to Lock It or Lose It.
That’s the name of a provincial crime prevention campaign which highlights the importance of locking your vehicle at all times to protect your property and prevent property crime.
In order to help prevent yourself from becoming a victim, here are a few tips to follow:
– Lock your vehicle at all times, including in your driveway and garage;
– Never leave valuables in plain view, secure items in the trunk or out of view;
– Always park in well lit areas;
– Always roll up your vehicle windows;
– Never leave your spare key or GPS in the vehicle;
– Take all electronics with you;
– Don’t leave your car running unattended; and,
– Keep your registration and proof of insurance in your wallet or purse, not in the glove box.
“An experienced thief can steal a car in as little as 30 seconds. Please do your part to help prevent crime in our community,” reads a media release.