A Scugog family lost practically everything in a fire early Friday (June 5) morning.
According to Scugog Fire Chief Mark Berney, the blaze at the Walsh Drive Home was reported just after 1 a.m. and took a few hours to bring under control.
He estimates that more than $500,000 worth of damage was caused.
“The family is displaced as a result of the fire,” he said.
An electrical short in the attic of the home is the suspected cause.
Chief Burney noted in a social media post that a smoke alarm alerted the family to the fire, allowing them – and their pets – to escape safely.