As part of the Township of Brock’s ongoing efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19, the Township would like to provide the following update on service delivery and changes:
- All facilities, indoor and outdoor, remain closed to the public.
- The Township’s boat launch, Beaverton Harbour docks, the pier, beaches, trails (paved & unpaved) remain closed until further notice.
- The Thorah Island docks will open as of 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, May 16, 2020.
- The Township is currently in the process of developing a plan for the opening of our Beaverton Harbour docks, boat launch, tennis courts, and Sunderland & Beaverton Lion’s Walking trails and are anticipating them opening as of 9:00 a.m. on Friday, May 22, 2020 (weather dependent).
- Permits for firework sales and firework displays are suspended until further notice.
- The burn ban has been lifted and burning is permitted provided you have an active burn permit and are following the provisions of the Burn By-law. Learn more about the burn by-law and buy your burn permit online.
- The Parks department have started and are busy with grass cutting operations, Harbour clean up and maintenance.
- The Roads department are continuing with general operations as Road grading, pot hole repairs and garbage clean up. Street sweeping commenced the week of May 4th. Ditching program commenced the week of May 11th. Capital projects such as Sidewalk replacement will get started May 19th and our Dust suppressant program will start at the end of May, early June.
We remind residents that if you wish to report an individual or business who is not complying with an emergency order, to submit their complaint through our on-line COVID-19 Non-Compliant Complaint Form. Please note any individual(s) caught removing or relocating any Township installed signage, barriers and/or caution tape that has been, will be subject to fines.
The Township Municipal Administration Building is open but closed to visitors as we take measures to protect our staff and the public. It is operating with skeleton staff , with the majority of staff working from home. Staff are available to assist you via email or phone during our regular office hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For updates on how the Township is responding to COVID-19, please visit www.townshipofbrock.ca/covid19.