The Township of Brock is seeking the services of a full-time Facilities Co-ordinator.
Reporting to the Director of Public Works, the Facilities Co-ordinator is responsible for the administration and management of all buildings, facilities, and parks as follows:
– Assess building conditions to identify required improvements;
– Secure written quotations, prepare tenders, and monitor and supervise work undertaken by contractors;
– Co-operates with community groups and members of the public over their use of Township-owned facilities;
– Prepares an annual operating and capital budget for all public buildings and properties;
– Prepares written reports under direction of the Director of Public Works for Council review;
– Prepares marketing strategies to increase the public’s use of Township facilities;
– Supervises Township arena staff on a day-to-day basis;
– Acts as the municipality’s Health & Safety Co-ordinator; and,
– Develops and implements various safety procedures and staff training in accordance with municipal policies and relevant legislation.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
– Suitable education related to facilities management;
– Progressively responsible experience in facilities management;
– Demonstrated knowledge of pertinent Health and Safety legislation;
– Experience in the preparation and administration of operating and capital budgets and the preparation of tenders;
– Project management skills related to the supervision of contractors retained by the municipality;
– Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, problem solving, leadership, time management and supervisory/management skills within a unionized setting;
– Proficiency with computer systems;
– The ability to work flexible hours which may include nights and weekends; A valid Ontario Driver’s licence (Class G) with a clean abstract; and,
– The use of a personal vehicle subject to the receipt of mileage expenses.
The Township of Brock is prepared to offer the ideal candidate a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications and a comprehensive benefits package. Full detailed job description is available HERE.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and resume addressing how the qualifications are met, marked confidential, by no later than 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the full job posting, click HERE.