For an update on the story, click HERE.
Members of the Wilfrid Community Hall board are trying to rally the community in support of a family that lost everything in a fire Friday (Nov. 29).
A meeting will be held at the venue Sunday (Dec. 1) at 1 p.m. to co-ordinate fundraising efforts.
For more information, call 705-437-4845, 705-437-1467 or 705-437-1358.
According to Brock Township Fire Chief Rick Harrison, the blaze was reported shortly after 12 p.m.
“Upon our arrival, about 30 percent of the home was involved and flames were coming through the roof,” he said in an interview.
“We had a work quickly to prevent it from spreading to the two-car garage.”
While the garage was saved, the roof and some walls collapsed during the fire, Chief Harrison said.
“The living area of the home was completely destroyed,” he said.
“Any time of year is bad for this kind of situation but it’s especially sad around the holidays.”
No one was home at the time and no injuries were reported.
Unfortunately, a pet dog was unable to escape the fire.
Firefighters from all three Brock Township calls were called in, along with a crew from Georgina.