Police are investigating three incidents involving a male suspect that allegedly exposed himself to women in Lindsay.
According to police, the incidents occurred in the southern section of town over the past two weeks.
“In each incident, a male suspect has approached a woman who was walking alone and exposed his genitals to her. All three incidents have occurred after midnight,” reads a media release from police, which also included three photos of the suspect.
The suspect is described as white, approximately 20 to 30 years old, and 5’ to 5’5” in height with a thin to average build. Police say he has light-coloured straight hair and may be riding a BMX-style bike.
Anyone with information about these incidents or the suspect can call police at (705) 324-5252 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or online at www.kh.crimestoppersweb.com
Police also issued a reminder to the public to consider their safety when walking alone at night and passed along a number of safety tips. They include:
– Refrain from wearing headphones or other devices that interfere with your ability to hear someone approaching you;
– Don’t walk with a hood pulled over your head, or other clothing that may limit your visibility;
– Travel through well lit areas and avoid dark places that with poor visibility;
– Carry a cell phone so that you can call 911 in an emergency;
– Ensure someone knows the destination you are walking to and what time you are expected to arrive; and,
– If possible, don’t walk alone but travel with a person you trust.