The Brock Township Fire Department is hosting a fire safety day at our local Beer Store. Bring the whole family and come out and meet your local fire department members and have your fire safety questions answered.
Date: Saturday June 15, 2019
Time: 10:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Location(s): Beaverton Beer Store, 553 Mara Road, Beaverton
Quotes from Fire Chief Rick Harrison
“Everyone has a responsibility to protect their family and home from fire. Prevention is always the best course of action. Unattended cooking is the leading cause of home fires and injuries in the province. Always stay in the kitchen or near
your barbeque and watch what you are cooking.”
“Only working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms give you early notification and the time you and your family need to safely escape a fire. Test your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms monthly. Many fatal fires occur at night when everyone
is asleep, so early warning is crucial to survival.”
“Fire and smoke move faster than you. There’s no time to figure out how to escape your home AFTER a fire starts. Practice a home fire escape plan BEFORE there’s a fire so you can get out safely.”
- Stay in the kitchen or near your barbeque when cooking.
- Install smoke alarms on every storey and outside all sleeping areas of your
home and cottage.
- Install carbon monoxide alarms outside all sleeping areas of your home and
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide alarms every month to ensure they are
- Change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide alarms at least once a
- Develop and practice a home fire escape plan at home and at your cottage.
For more information please contact:
Township of Brock
1 Cameron St., E., Box 10, Cannington, Ontario, L0E 1E0
Email address: email@example.com