No charges have been laid in Cannington shooting

No charges have yet been laid following a shooting in Cannington last week that left a 38-year-old man dead.

Police were called to a residence on Hillside Crescent for shots fired around 1 a.m. Friday (April 20). Officers located Brian Shane Windsor, a man who resides at the residence, with gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

While police took another male resident into custody, they confirmed Monday (April 23) that charges have not been filed.

“No charges and no update yet,” reads a response to an email from The Brock Voice.

The man who was taken into custody Friday has been released.

“The investigation continues and homicide investigators are hoping to have a better understanding of what transpired that morning,” a follow-up email reads.

The DRPS closed a section of Hillside Crescent for a good part of the day Friday for the investigation.

The Brock Voice contacted several residents on Hillside Crescent who said that the home in question was well known to police.

One woman, who asked not to be identified, said she heard a commotion around 1 a.m.

“We moved here in 2016 and then we figured out the goings-on at that house. Between complaints of constant barking from their dogs, domestic fights and suspected drug dealing, it’s been a pain on the crescent for some time,” she said.

“Police have been called there more than once.”

Anyone with new information about this homicide is asked to contact Det. Dennis of the Major Crime Homicide Unit at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 5402 or D/Cst. Pillman at ext. 2726.

Anonymous information can be sent to Durham Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or online at http://www.durhamregionalcrimestoppers.ca and tipsters may be eligible for a $2,000 cash reward.

%d bloggers like this: