Family support worker — Early ON Child and Family Centres, Durham Farm and Rural Family Resources
Job Title: Family Support Worker — Part time (contract) must be able to work flexible hours including days and Saturdays.
Job Location: Uxbridge Early ON CFC and Brock Early ON CFC (locations to be determined)
Responsibilities: The Family Support Worker will work as a positive and effective member of a team to plan and deliver early learning and family support programs that engage families and young children within the Early ON CFC guidelines. The Family Support Worker will plan and implement programs that are culturally sensitive, developmentally appropriate and reflective of the community needs in order to promote areas of development and support parenting.
- The successful candidate for the Assistant Program Coordinator position must be registered with the College of Early Childhood Education (R.E.C.E.) and in good standing.
- The successful candidate for the Assistant Program Coordinator position will have at least one (1) year of experience working with children and families preferably in a Family Support Program.
- Both positions require a knowledge and understanding of “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario Pedagogy for the Early Years”.
- Regular weekend work is required, Saturdays and the ability to travel to program locations in north Durham.
- A genuine enthusiasm for working with young children, their parents and caregivers.
- Both positions require excellent oral communication and writing skills, demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with community agencies, strong organizational and computer skills and the ability to work in a team environment essential.
- Police reference check, and Standard First Aid & CPR certificates required.
Please email resumes and cover letters, stating job title by February 28, 2018 to email@example.com