Brock Township residents can set out their natural Christmas trees for curb-side collection on two dates in January.
The Region of Durham will collect natural Christmas trees from Brock Township residences on Monday, Jan. 8 and Monday, Jan. 15.
Once collected, the trees will be shredded into wood chips and used as mulch.
Those planning to place trees at the curb should note:
- Trees must have tinsel, decorations, wire, plastic bags, lights and stands removed.
- Trees must be set out by 7 a.m. on your collection day, but no earlier than 7 p.m. the evening before your collection day.
- Trees in plastic bags will not be collected.
- There is no limit to the number of trees collected per household.
- Trees exceeding three metres (10 feet) must be cut in half for collection.
- Please ensure trees are not buried in snow or frozen to the ground.
Residents who miss their collection date may also drop off trees at any of Durham’s Waste Management Facilities during regular hours of operation (disposal fees will apply). For more information, visit www.durham.ca/wmf, email email@example.com, call 1-800-667-5671 or download the Durham Region Waste App.