Third week of Festive RIDE campaign results in 19 drunk driving charges
After stopping nearly 1,300 vehicles during the third week of the Festive RIDE campaign, area police charged 19 individuals with drinking and driving.
Durham Regional Police conducted RIDE checks in Beaverton, Ajax, Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa, Uxbridge, Port Perry, Brougham and Clarington. The results, according to police, are as follows:
- 1,269 vehicles stopped
- 102 people given roadside breath tests
- 14 people received three-day suspensions for registering a “warn”
- 19 people charged with drinking and driving offences
- 23 Criminal Code charges laid
- four young driver licence holder breaches of no alcohol-condition
- 77 charged with various Highway Traffic Act offences
No 24-hour suspensions were given to novice drivers and police say there were zero drug offences.