Durham Region has nearly $7.5 million worth of road work planned in Brock Township in 2018.
In an update to residents on social media, Mayor John Grant outlined the projects planned next year. They include:
- completion of Regional Road 12 through Wilfrid to Lakeridge Road, including a roundabout at the intersection. The long awaited project is estimated at $3 million;
- The first phase of construction of Regional Road 13 (west of Hwy. 12) in the amount of $685,000;
- Reconstruction of the Gamebridge bridge with a budget amount of $2,700,000 to be shared with Simcoe County.
- Roughly $337,000 to upgrade the commuter parking lot at Regional Road 12 and Simcoe Street, east of Cannington;
- Rehabilitation of the Whites Creek bridge on Mara Road in the amount of $550,000; and,
- Design studies for the Trent Canal overpass on Regional Road 50 and the Beaver River bridge on Regional Road 15 east of Beaverton in an amount of $175,000.
Mayor Grant also noted that 2019 will see more than $22 million invested in the reconstruction of Regional Road 13 from Highway 12 west to Lakeridge Road.