Beaverton resident among 11 charged after Simcoe Street drug bust
A Beaverton resident is among 11 people charged after police executed a search warrant at a Simcoe Street property earlier this week.
On Wednesday (Oct. 4), officers from the City of Kawartha Lakes Street Crime Unit of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), with assistance from the OPP’s Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau and Emergency Response Team, executed a search warrant at a Simcoe Street property in the north portion of the City of Kawartha Lakes.
Located and seized at the property were more than 2000 marihuana plants, more than 80 lbs of processed marihuana bud, three motor vehicles, two all-terrain vehicles, two shotguns and a rifle. Items seized are valued at approximately $2.5 million.
The following people were arrested and charged with producing a Schedule II Substance – Cannabis Marihuana and Possession of a Schedule II Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking:
- Weibiao Liang, 32 years of age of Beaverton
- Jia Wei Cao, 26 years of age of Markham
- Ruijian Liu, 30 years of age of Markham
- Jin Biao Luo, 30 years of age of Aurora
- Junsong Luo, 20 years of age of Scarborough
- Shu Yan Luo, 46 years of age of Markham
- Xin Ling Luo, 29 years of age of Stouffville
- Yan Jun Luo, 31 years of age of Scarborough
- Yan Ming Luo, 37 years of age of Markham
- Hai Quan Zhang, 38 years of age of Markham
- Boqiang Zhou, 29 years of age of Toronto
The accused persons are scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay on Nov. 2.